CRCA Women’s Development Series
Since 2012 CRCA has been intently focused on presenting opportunities for the development of women racers. In 2012 we focused on a multiple race W3/4 Series with a huge prize pool. Based on reader feedback for 2013 we shifted focus to a W4 series. Now for the third year of this series we are elated to announce a significantly expanded calendar of dates that we believe highlights CRCA’s dedication to continue to grow women’s cycling.
2014 CRCA Women’s Development Series
The 2014 CRCA Women’s Development Series is being revamped – while there will no longer be a season long series competition, the number of races has been significantly expanded to include seven race dates in Central Park alone.
The goal of this significantly expanded calendar is to present new women racers the opportunity to develop race skills and earn upgrade points with the ultimate goal of fostering a larger and higher quality women’s peloton.
For information on the 2014 CRCA Women’s Development Series, and to register for the races (ALL REGISTRATION INCLUDING FOR CRCA MEMBERS MUST BE COMPLETED VIA BIKEREG) please visit Bikereg:
2013 CRCA Women’s Cat 4 Series p/b Rockstar Games/Signature Cycles
The 2013 Women’s Cat 4 series schedule is in the process of being finalized as the club awaits its final permit dates. In the interim the current series schedule has been posted to the CRCA race calendar linked below.
- CRCA Alpine Hill Climb ITT p/b Strictly Bicycles - April 28 (Alpine Boat Basin)
- CRCA Orchard Beach Crit p/b IWF - May 5 (Pelham Bay Park)
- CRCA Women’s Cat 4 Race – May 18 (Central Park)
- CRCA Women’s Cat 4 Race – June 2 (Floyd Bennet Field)
- CRCA Women’s Cat 4 Race – July 6 (Central Park)
- CRCA Women’s Cat 4 Race – August 24 (Central Park)
The top 7 finishers at each of the races will be awarded the following points: 1st – 10, 2nd – 7, 3rd – 5, 4th – 4, 5th – 3, 6th – 2, 7th – 1.
Signature Cycles is the world’s premier bicycle studio, with locations in Manhattan (W64th Street & West End); Greenwich, Connecticut and Central Valley. Stop in during shop hours, M-F 9-6pm; Saturdays 10-3pm, to chat with any of the friendly and extremely knowledgeable crew members, schedule a professional bike fitting, and check out some of the amazing custom and production bikes being built every day, in addition to great apparel, accessories and components that complement their riders.
The Rockstar Games label was founded in 1998 to create the most innovative and progressive interactive entertainment. The crew at Rockstar Games from management on down are cycling enthusiasts who are passionate about supporting and developing the sport of bicycle racing. Rockstar Games is also the current title sponsor for the Red Hood Crit Championship Series, which includes the upcoming RHC Round 2 in the Brooklyn Navy Yard on June 8th.
SERIES PRIZE POOL
Our generous sponsors have made available over $3000 worth of cash and prizes for the top finishers of the series. Specific prizes will be announced at a later date, but include:
- Rapha Women’s apparel
- a Shimano 6700 Tubeless wheelset
- a professional bicycle fitting at Signature Cycles
- a Garmin Edge 510
- DZ Nuts Bliss chamois cream for women, and
- $500 Cash and various other products from Signature Cycles and Rockstar Games.
A HUGE thank you to our generous sponsors for their support of women’s cycling!
2012 Women’s Cat 4 Series Information p/b Bike Doctor NYC
For 2012 CRCA is proud to introduce the new Women’s Development Series presented by Bike Doctor NYC. The goal of this new series is to provide area Women additional open racing opportunities and thanks to Bike Doctor NYC’s sponsorship of the 2012 Women’s Development Racing program this series prize pool worth in excess of $1,500.
Bike Doctor NYC is title sponsor for CRCA’s 2012 Women’s Development Racing Program, which includes the Women’s Development 3/4 Series and the Women’s 4 Series. Bike Doctor NYC is also a sponsor for the Women’s Clinic. For more information on Bike Doctor NYC please visit www.bikedoctornyc.com
The Women’s Development 3/4 Series presented by Bike Doctor NY includes three open races in Central Park as well as two ITT’s: the flat FBF TT and the Alpine Hill Climb TT. This series will be open to non-CRCA members via Bikereg (no day of registration for non-CRCA members). See below for important information on registration.
Bike Doctor NYC is the title sponsor of CRCA’s 2012 Women’s Development Racing Series. Bike Doctor NYC© is a New York based bicycle services company specializing in assisting the cycling community by offering technical, educational and infrastructural services. Their portfolio of services for individuals and groups include TheBIKEDOCTORTM, BIKE2WORKTM and the online shop, BIKEDOCTORSHOPTM. For more information on Bike Doctor NYC including available services please visit www.bikedoctornyc.com
In order to promote the development of Women’s racing and insure that the series races are as safe as possible we are making CRCA-led coaching sessions available to non-CRCA women who are registered for the Women’s 3/4 series. Please contact riderdevelopment[at]crca.net for additional information.
2012 SERIES SCHEDULE
|Date||Event||CRCA Members||Non-CRCA Members||Event Website|
|4/21||Central Park RR||Day Of||Bikereg|
|5/12||Orchard Beach Crit||Bikereg||Bikereg||Website|
|6/2||Central Park RR||Day Of||Bikereg|
|6/10||FBF Time Trial||Bikereg||Bikereg||Website|
|6/23||Alpine Time Trial||Bikereg||Bikereg||Website|
|6/30||Central Park Classic||Bikereg||Bikereg||Website|
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS – IMPORTANT
- Road Races: CRCA members
- April 21: registration will be the same as for standard CRCA races. Bring a signed waiver, use your CRCA race number and pay the $15 registration fee. CRCA dinosaur members do not pay any race fee for April 21 and June 2.
- June 2: registration will be the same as for standard CRCA races. Bring a signed waiver, use your CRCA race number and pay the $15 registration fee. CRCA dinosaur members do not pay any race fee for April 21 and June 2.
- June 30: all racers, including CRCA members, must register on Bikereg. Waiver and race number will be provided at registration. No day of registration. CRCA dinosaur membership does not apply.
- Road Races: Non-CRCA members
- Non-CRCA members: registration must be completed in advance via Bikereg for all races. Waiver and race number will be provided at registration. No day of registration for non-CRCA members for any races.
- Orchard Beach Criterium and FBF / Alpine Time Trials
- All registration will be completed online via Bikereg. There will be no day of registration. Waiver and race number will be provided at registration.
SERIES PRIZE POOL
The top 7 finishers at each of the races will be awarded the following points: 1st – 10, 2nd – 7, 3rd – 5, 4th – 4, 5th – 3, 6th – 2, 7th – 1. Similar to scoring for the Team Cup only the top three riders from a given team will score points in all of the road racing / crit events.
|1st||Shimano 6700 Gruppo w/ 15% off installation ($1,250 value!)|
|2nd||Elite Tune Up from Bike Doctor NYC incl. tires ($310 value)|
|3rd||Elite Tune Up from Bike Doctor NYC & 15% discount on parts up to $1,000|
|4th||Elite Tune Up from Bike Doctor NYC|
|5th||Standard Tune Up from Bike Doctor NYC|
SERIES GC STANDINGS
PICTURES: RACE 1 of the Women’s 3/4 Series p/b Bike Doctor NYC
Thank you to 9W Magazine (www.9Wmag.com) for providing pictures from the first race of the Women’s 3/4 Series presented by Bike Doctor NYC.
Bike Doctor NYC is title sponsor for CRCA’s 2012 Women’s Development Racing Program, which includes the Women’s Development 3/4 Series and the Women’s 4 Series. Bike Doctor NYC is also a sponsor for the Women’s Clinic. For more information on Bike Doctor NYC please visitwww.bikedoctornyc.com