CRCA Alpine Hill Climb ITT p/b Strictly Bicycles
Following a successful return to the CRCA Open Race calendar in 2012, the Alpine Hill Climb will once again take place on April 28th, 2013. This is your opportunity to test yourself against the clock on one of the benchmark climbs in the New York tri-state region.
In 2012 records plummeted, will they drop again in 2013?
2012 CRCA Alpine Hill Climb Champions
- Men 1/2: Bryan Dobes (CRCA/Westwood Velo): 04:36
- Women 1/2: Suzanne Lucash (CRCA/CyclelifeUSAGFCapital): 05:32
- Women 3/4: Brittlee Bowman (CRCA/Innervation Fitness): 05:49
- Men 3: Anthony Fatuzzo (Team Cosmic): 04:42
- Men 4: David Flores (CRCA/Houlihan Lokey): 05:07
- Men 5: Julian Pantoja (unattached): 05:08
- Single Speed: Ken Harris (CRCA): 05:05
2013 CRCA ALPINE HILL CLIMB ITT P/B STRICTLY BICYCLES
For the 2013 edition of the CRCA Alpine Hill Climb, CRCA is proud to partner with Fort Lee’s own Strictly Bicycles. Famous for its prime location at the foot of the GWB, Strictly Bicycles has been a part of the New York tri-state cycling scene for years and we greatly appreciate their support of this event. We encourage all participants to stop by Strictly Bicycles and thank them for helping to make this event possible.
As part of Strictly Bicycles’ sponsorship of the 2013 CRCA Alpine Hill Climb, all participants who stop by Strictly Bicycles following the conclusion of the race will receive a free coffee. And while you’re there don’t forget to try their Liege Belgium Waffles (available with ice cream for extra recovery from the race). Then stock up on nutrition and head out for a ride on 9W!
The CRCA Alpine Hill Climb p/b Strictly Bicycles is perhaps the most straightforward event on the CRCA race calendar: starting at the base of the Alpine Climb in the Alpine Boat Basin, the Hill Climb is an all out effort until the road levels off at the Alpine Police Department.
After the climb was freshly paved in 2012, CRCA Alpine Hill Climb records plummeted. Now we’ll see if those records can go even lower during the 2013 edition of the event. Don’t miss your chance to set a new benchmark! And for those brave souls willing to attack the Hill Climb with a single gear, don’t miss out on the single speed category!
For 2013 we have also added separate Masters Categories.
As with all CRCA Open Races, there is absolutely no day of registration. Make sure to register in advance via Bikereg.
Date: April 28 2013, start time 8AM
Fields: see below
Course: from the Alpine Boat Basin straight up Alpine Approach to the Police Station
Registration: via Bikereg
- The course will be open to traffic – use caution when on the course!
- Riders will be disqualified if they impede automobile traffic!
- Riders will start at 90 second intervals
- Men 1/2
- Men 3
- Men 4
- Men 5
- Masters 40+ (Cat 1-4)
- Masters 50+ (Cat 1-4)
- Women 1/2/3
- Women 4
- Single Speed
- Men P/1/2/3 – Brian Gabele, CRCA/Luzzo’s 4:56
- Men Cat 4 – Brian Dobes, Westwood Velo 5:12
- Men Cat 5 – Kevin Rooney, CRCA, 05:33
- Master’s 40+ Haluk Sarci, Sotheby’s Strictly Bicycle 5:01
- Master’s 50+ Doug O’Neill, Deno’s Wonder Wheel 5:19
- Women – Ellen Moses, CRCA/Comedy Central 5:56