CRCA Masters Throwdown
In an effort to add a unique Master’s-only race to the New York City race calendar in 2012 CRCA hosted the first ever “Masters Throwdown” in Central Park, an event that also served as the CRCA Masters Club Championship. For 2013 the event will return with a similar structure.
2013 RACE INFORMATION
After a successful first year, the CRCA Masters Throwdown will return for 2013 on August 24th.
For 2013 we will be running four Masters fields, including our first women’s masters field:
- Men 3/4 (non-masters field)
- Women 4 (non-masters field)
- Men 40+ (Categories 1-4)
- Men 50+ / Men 60+ (Categories 1-4)
- Women 35+(Categories 1-4)
Within each of the masters categories, the first CRCA club member will be named the Club Champion for their respective age group, with a trophy to be presented at the end of season party.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL RACERS, INCLUDING CRCA WOMEN, MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE VIA BIKEREG. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DAY OF REGISTRATION FOR ANY FIELD
2012 RACE INFORMATION
LUCARELLI & CASTALDI MASTER’S THROWDOWN PRESENTED BY CRCA
In 2012 CRCA’s traditional Masters Club Championship will be held as an open race with all Men’s registration completed via bikereg. ALL MEN’S MASTERS RACERS MUST REGISTER VIA BIKEREG. The race will include three separate fields of Men’s Masters racers (see below) and a Women’s Cat 4 Open field. Information on the Women’s Cat 4 Open Field is here, see below for information on the Men’s Master’s Championship.
- Details: August 18
- Registration: via Bikereg
- Master’s Men: All registration for the Master’s fields will be completed via bikereg (link above) with CRCA racing members paying $15, CRCA dinosaur members paying $0 and non-CRCA members paying $25. See bikereg for details. No day of registration for any of the Men’s fields.
- Women’s Cat 4 Open: registration will be conducted inline with the policies of the Women’s Cat 4 Series – CRCA women register day-of (bring a signed waiver, your CRCA race number and the appropriate race fee) while non-CRCA members must register via bikereg (number will be distributed at registration). No day of registration for non-CRCA members. Specific instructions are included here.