CRCA two seconds ahead Women's Development Series p/b specialized
- Women's Specific Coaching
- Pre-Race Hosted Openers
- Series Participation Incentives
- USAC Sanctioned Races
- Race Clinics
- Post-Race Debriefs
- Product Demos
The 2017 season welcomes both Two Seconds Ahead and Specialized as sponsors for this unique opportunity for category 3, 4 & 5 women. The series, now in its fifth year, is open to both CRCA members and non-members. Race participation levels have increased every year and with the support of Two Seconds Ahead and Specialized, this season we have expanded our focus beyond providing race opportunities for women by offering free coaching, on and off-the bike social events, pre- and post-race rides, and mentorship from experienced racers. We’re catering to both new racers, and those with race experience progressing to the next level.
Series Leader Competition
The series leader competition for Cat 4 and Cat 3 Women in the Development Series will commence with Grants Tomb, and continue throughout the entire season. The Cat 4 and Cat 3 racers with the highest number of points throughout the series will wear the respective series leader jersey for each race, with the racer who has earned the highest cumulative number of points at the end of the season being named the overall series winner. Series Leader points are recorded by the Women's Development Team.
Category 4 Leader Board
1st: Ulrike Glaser
2nd: Taylor Kuyk-White
3rd: Michelle Rorke
Category 3 Leader Board
1st: Sarah Shipley
2nd: Sasha Lansky
3rd: Taryn Mudge
Participation Points Competition
Racers earn one participation point per CRCA Development Series-specific race, Open Race, Event, or Coaching session they attend. Each Participation point = one entry in the end of season raffle for participation prize, to be drawn at the series end celebration in September.
Participation points are recorded by the Women's Development Team and published here. Racers can also request standings by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The more you participate – the better your chances of winning!
Women’s Development Series Dates For Your Calendar
Look out for announcements of more events and the coaching schedule. We’ll also let you know when registration opens for races.
- April 8th - Women's Only Race Clinic (Cat 4/5*)
- April 22nd - Women's Development Series Park Race ( Cat 4/5*)
- May 7th - Orchard Beach Crit (various fields for Cat 3, 4 & 5*)
- May 13th - Bear Mountain Classic (various fields for Cat 3, 4 & 5*)
- May 20th - Women's Development Series Park Race (Cat 3/4/5*)
- June 3rd - Dave Jordan Central Park Classic (Women's Cat 4/5* Dev Series Field included)
- June 18th - Women's and Men's Race Clinics (Cat 4/5*)
- June 24th - Lou Maltese Classic (Women's Open (Cat 1-5 Field included**)
- July 1st - Women's Development Series Park Race (Cat 3/4/5*)
- July 23rd - Mengoni Grand Prix (Women's Open (Cat 1-5 Field included**)
- July 30th - Tour de Fort Lee Criterium (various fields for Cat 3, 4 & 5*)
- August 12th - Women's Development Series Park Race (Cat 4/5*)
- August 26th - Women's Development Series Park Race (Cat 4/5*)
- September 2nd - Women's Development Series Park Race (Cat 3/4/5*)
Looking forward to seeing you this season! Any questions, contact email@example.com
*Women’s Category 5 to be confirmed pending USAC proposed policy change.
**Maltese and Mengoni entries will count for series participation, but not overall Cat 3 and Cat 4 Development Series Standings, due to open field.