Promoted by Century Road Club Association
Fred Mengoni was on hand personally to see off a full field of riders in his race and has been a gateway to further cycling success with many luminous North America riders gracing its palmares including George Hincapie and Mike McCarthy. Overnight rain had stopped by morning, but left the circuit in a state where considerable bike handling skills would be required to stay upright as well as determine tactics.
In the Pro-1-2 race, $50 primes on every lap of Central Park, plus a strong Cykelcity.se Team split the field and a 5 rider break developed mid-way through, dominating the race. From that break, the strongest riders in the race emerged but the tables were turned as August Sanchez of the GS Mengoni USA Team used Cyckelcity's strength against them perfectly to win by half a bike length. Neil Bezdek of Mountain Khakis won the field sprint for 6th.
In the Women's race, in memory of Nancy Morgenstern, while deep with sprinters from throughout the region, was won by local up and coming sprinter, Kristin Lotito of Team CRCA / Houlihan-Lokey Sanchez, surging fantastically over the last 75 meters to overtake Lenore Pipes on the line in the moderately uphill finish.
1. August Sanchez (GS Mengoni)
2. Sebastian Balck (Team Cykelcity.se)
3. Michael Olsson (Team Cykelcity.se)
1. Kristin Lotito (CRCA/Houlihan-Lockey/Sanchez )
2. Lenore Pipes (unattached)
3. Erica Adelberg (CRCA/Radical Media)
1. Jonathan Giahn (CRCA/Asphalt Green Cycling Team)
2. John Blake (CRCA/Foundation)
3. Cesar Marte (Alcoiris)
1. Erick Fernandez (Chelsea bicycles team)
2. Eliazar Torres (Mexico-New York Cycling Team)
3. Noah Gellner (CRCA/Sid's Bike NYC)
Full results here.