CRCA Board Meeting-Minutes
Date: January 8, 2013, 6:30 pm
Location: 300 e 85th (Corner of 2nd Ave) Conference Room
1) 2013 Coaching schedule/plan (Scot) including discussion as to whether we should make skills coaching sessions mandatory for all new racers in the club prior to racing in club races to promote safety
- Board agreed that skills coaching sessions would be made mandatory for brand new racers. Racers with prior translational race experience may be exempt from this mandate.
- After completion of this requirement, new racers will be exempt from one marshal duty.
- The exact formatting of coaching sessions still needs to be solidified, but will include some classroom instructions and on-bike skills sessions. It will parallel with NYSBRA’s guidelines (waiting on the release of the revised 2013 guidelines).
- Coaches may also be riding with men’s Cat5 and W4 fields early in the season to provide instruction.
2) 5th field trial proposal & Pre-registration for club race
- As a pilot, board agreed to run a 5th field during the first CRCA race. The 5th field will be a men’s masters +45 field. Board will assess permanent implantation afterwards.
Pros: Would provide more racing opportunities, help relieve race close-outs
Concerns: Additional overlaps with women’s field, Fields overlapping at the finish
-Board agreed that it will not provide pre-registration for club races. Pre-registration will still be offered to Donor members.
3) Proposal to make all women's fields open for the season (i.e. including club races)
-Board agreed to maintain women’s club races as open to club members only
4) Race calendar finalization including W3/4 series dates, clinic dates and race formats
- Still in progress
- Dates with the park, as well as finish line locations have been set.
-4/20/13 Women’s Clinic
-6/1/13 Dave Jordan Memorial Race
5) Survey feedback document
-Board will provide members with a concise recap highlighting key member concerns and how the board plans on addressing them. Members will also have web access to a more detailed version of survey responses.
6) Team Duties for 2013
-Teams register for duties by April 1.
-Duties assigned first come, first served.
-If an event is cancelled, team is still held accountable to obtain some (1/2) team duty credits.
-David will update the application submission process, allowing for electronic submission and updating the required fields.
7) 2012 actual financial statements (Lisa)
-Board reviewed statement from 2012
-Some expenditures still pending
8) 2013 budget (input on price changes, if any; detailed budget to come pending review of 2012 actual revenue and spending)
-Assuming budget for 2013 will remain roughly the same
-To consider for 2013:
-Equipment expenses will not be the same, i.e. money spent on generators, tents, etc. Was discussed to perhaps provide motos and marshals with radios this year.
-Sponsorship revenue may not be the same
-Membership fees and race day fees will remain the same as 2012.
9) Other Items
-Members will be able to pick-up numbers in late February at Third and Long