Century Road Club Association (CRCA) New Year’s Day Ride 2013
Start time & location
Start time: 7:30 AM @ Engineer’s Gate (90th & 5th Avenue) Hand in your signed release form and pick up a notecard to be signed @ Bear Mtn & returned when you finish.
2 laps around Central Park, north using St. Nicholas Avenue to the GWB, to 9 W North.
• The course detours just South of Nyack
• You can either climb up just before entering Nyack Or • go through Nyack and use any of the access roads back west to 9 W
Either way you will climb Rockland Hill and continue on 9 W for the rest of the ride.
The “Classic” Ride used to end at the Bear Mountain Inn Building in the parking lot. The Ride exited 9 W turning Left onto South Entrance Road to the Service Road on this Map:
Zoom in once & scroll down the initial map view south of Hessian Lake to the Service Road.
If you go there, the Inn Bldg. is closed.
There is a Merry-Go-Round & a Parks Administration office in that parking lot. Both are open.
Scroll down to Merry Go Round segment.
• The Administration office is for business. • Suggested is the Merry-Go-Round. • It is staffed, heated and has bathrooms.
The return is the same route, finishing up by turning Left @ 110th St & riding South on Fifth Avenue to 90th St.
Have fun! And Happy New Year!
Day Before the Ride:
Celebrate New Year’s!
- Clean bike; clean and lube chain
- Lay out your CRCA kit
- Organize Ride needs:
- extra clothes if cold or wet weather
- During & post-Ride nutrition
- completed and signed 2013 USAC liability release
- Dress appropriately for the weather
- Remember signed release form
- Report to start 5-10 minutes before start time