Orchard Beach Criterium planned for May 12
The CRCA Board is pleased to announce that we are finalizing plans to host CRCA's first open race criterium in several years on May 12 at Orchard Beach in Pelham Bay Park. Orchard Beach was once a mainstay of the CRCA race calendar and was last held in 2002 (check out the 2002 results HERE). Orchard Beach replaces Spring Bear on the CRCA race calendar and we are extremely excited to be able to offer this race - this will be an exciting and spectator friendly event.
The Orchard Beach Criterium will be part of the CRCA season long competitions for CRCA racing members - see http://archive.crca.net/racing/club/team-cup-jim-boyd-rules/ for more information.
About the Race
- We plan on offering a full day of racing from ~8:45AM to 3:45PM
- Fields will be structured to allow racers to participate in multiple races
- The course is extremely spectator friendly - bring the family out for a great day of racing
- Pelham Bay Park is only ~12 miles from Central Park and is accessible by car, train and bike
- Information on fields for the race and a preliminary schedule has been posted on the race webpage at: http://archive.crca.net/racing/open/orchard-beach-criterium/
- Race registration will be conducted via bikereg here: https://www.bikereg.com/Net/16129
- For more information please contact Matthew Vandivort at email@example.com
About Orchard Beach and Pelham Bay Park
More than three times the size of Manhattan's Central Park, Pelham Bay Park is the City's largest park property. Visitors to the park enjoy miles of bridle paths and hiking trails, Orchard Beach, the Bartow-Pell Mansion, two golf courses, and a breathtaking 13-mile saltwater shoreline that hugs Long Island Sound. Athletes frequent its numerous fields and courts while children frolic in its playgrounds. Pelham Bay Park also has a wide and diverse range of plant and animal life and features prime locations to view one of nature's most skillful hunters, the osprey.
More here, including an MTA trip planner: http://www.nycgovparks.org/parks/pelhambaypark