Happy New Year! The 2018 CRCA road season is right around the corner, and the Club's Board of Directors has already hit the ground running. Here's what we've got in store for 2018:
- Continuing Expanded Open Racing Calendar: CRCA's Open Racing calendar has dramatically expanded as CRCA took over Grant's Tomb Criterium, brought back Orchard Beach Criterium, reinvigorated Bear Mountain Classic, introduced the Dave Jordan Central Park Classic, and most recently revived the Fort Lee Criterium. The Board is working hard on securing all necessary approvals, while looking to produce the same high quality racing and raising thousands of dollars for local charities in the process. Stay tuned for 2018 race dates!
- Improving the CRCA Club Series: Based on feedback from the member survey, we are implementing changes to improve registration and results for our Club Series. Our aim is to significantly improve racer experience while maintaining our Club's priority of providing the lowest cost racing in the region (12 races for just $100 with early bird Season Pass). Our Club Race schedule is nearly finalized, so stay tuned for series dates and info on improvements!
- Revamping Club Communication: Member feedback also pointed to improved communication, so as noted earlier this week we have implemented a more user friendly website with this goal in mind, and expect to publish regular content and club news at CRCA.net throughout the year.
- Improved IT Systems: While not regularly front of mind CRCA's membership and marshaling IT platform hasn't changed significantly in many years. One of our priorities is to implement a multi-year plan to upgrade these systems to ease the membership sign-up and marshaling management process, and automate existing processes using the current platform in the interim.
- Collaboration with key Central Park stakeholders: In response to member feedback regarding greater-good opportunities, we'll be partnering with NYC Parks and the Central Park Conservancy on volunteer options promoting bike safety and providing greater CRCA presence throughout Central Park. Stay tuned for more information!
In short, your all-volunteer Board is hard at work ensuring the coming season is one of the best yet. 2018 Membership registration will open in a few weeks featuring the same early registration discounts offered in the past. In the meantime, if you want to get involved with the Board's 2018 efforts please drop any board member an e-mail - we are always grateful for a helping hand!