The 8th Annual Zach Koop Memorial Criterium will take place this Sunday at Orchard Beach. With approximately 500 registrants the race will once again be one of the largest in New York City, and we encourage families and spectators to join us for perhaps the most viewer-friendly course on the East Coast.
Final Race Instructions
Please review the Technical Guide on the Zach Koop Memorial Criterium at Orchard Beach race page for full instructions and information on the race. Key excerpts follow below:
- The venue is readily accessible by mass transit. The Pelham Bay Station of the 6 line drops racers off just 3 miles from the venue with the majority of that distance on protected bike paths. If driving to the venue please use caution and allow sufficient time when entering the Orchard Beach section of Pelham Bay Park, as traffic patterns will be adjusted as part of the race.
- Important: per NYC Parks no branded team tents are permitted at the venue due as they violate NYC Parks permit restrictions on commercial marketing.
- Bathrooms at the beach will be available for use though they are subject to NYC Parks schedule and may not open in time for the first field to use pre-race. Please plan accordingly.
- There are no food vendors at Orchard Beach but pizza will be provided to racers! We have 80 pies coming split between 11:30AM, 1:30PM and 3:00PM so make sure to stick around to spectate and have some. There will be a few vegan pizzas in each wave.
- The Kids Races will start promptly at 3PM. To participate please arrive 15-30 minutes early to sign-in and receive race numbers.
- The Big Wheels Championship races will take place in the afternoon using a head-to-head sprint elimination format. CRCA will provide the Big Wheels for the competition. $10 registration fee goes entirely to benefit CRCDF.