The second race in the Lucarelli & Castaldi Club Series is this weekend. Instructions follow below:
Members: after the first Club Series race three riders were reported by NYC Parks for riding backward on the Central Park loop and/or riding on walking paths. This conduct threatens the existence of our races and will be subject to an immediate DQ and possible suspension. PLEASE respect all other Park users before, during and after this weekend's race.
Marshals: NYC Parks strictly enforces our marshal requirements. Races cannot start until 15 minutes AFTER all marshals are at their assigned posts. If marshals arrive late (or do not show) the race will be delayed and/or cancelled. Please refer to the Marshaling Instructions and Marshaling Policy for addition information.
Photo above via the To Be Determined Journal recap of the first race of the 2018 CRCA Club Series
- Technical Guide: Link
- Marshal check-in: 5:40AM
- Registration open / close: 5:40AM / 6:25AM
- Race start: 6:40AM
- Fields (Laps): W (4.0), A (6.0), B (5.0), M40+ (4.0), C (3.0)
- Race finish: Cat’s Paw
Additional Race Notes
- The Rambles bathroom will be closed tomorrow morning due to construction. The Delacorte Theater restrooms will be open but please note that this are some way away from the start line. VERY IMPORTANT: If you are going to use the Delacorte restrooms DO NOT ride on the walking paths. NYC Parks specifically watches for this behavior. Instead either ride to the 102nd St Transverse and come down the West Drive or WALK you bike along the walking paths to Delacorte. Please remember: any violation of Central Park policy threatens our permits.
- There is construction at the top of Cats Paw on the East Side of the roadway. Stay out of the rec lane while in the area!
- There are various new potholes on the Park Drives that have emerged during recent severe weather. Repairs were underway this week but are unlikely to be complete. Please be aware of potholes throughout your races.
Race numbers will be available for pickup at registration but please arrive early. When picking up your number, please have your license and clearly state your field and last name. After the March 24 Club race number pick-up will exclusively be at Tailwind Endurance - you will not be able to pick-up your race number at race registration.
The CRCA Club Series now features professional results. Results will be posted at the Rambles, posted on CRCA.net, and uploaded to USAC. The CRCA Club Series may now be utilized for USAC upgrade points.