The all-volunteer CRCA Board held its March Board Meeting via video conference and in person on Wednesday March 28. Minutes from that meeting, in draft form pending ratification by the full Board as part of the next meeting, follow below. If you have any questions or concerns about meeting minutes please reach out to Matthew Vandivort, Secretary, or any CRCA Board Member.
In person: Jeff, Tara
Video conference: Ted, Julius, Gabby, Ken, Lucia, Randy, Matt, Tony, Dan
February board meeting minutes approved with one abstain and six approves
Google spreadsheet is updated and available for reference, still have some availability for additional team duty assignments as required.
Discussion of how to respond to CRCA sub-teams that have active racers who have not taken out CRCA membership (associate membership required). Randy and Lucia to manage response.
Discussion of team kit requirements and ensuring that all teams have a CRCA logo as part of their permanent kit design.
Grant’s Tomb Criterium financial summary presentation including closing out all sponsorship payments
Club budget summary update: membership trending inline with this time last year with improved donor membership trends. Club budget will be significantly impacted by whether the marshaling schedule fills during the course of the season.
New tax prep firm hired to assist with taxes, progressing with the onboarding process and will reach out to the board as required.
General update on several outstanding payments and issues outstanding.
Discussing results improvements opportunities in tandem with Tom Mains. Number assignments become more important, particularly around upgrades between fields and field selection (e.g. Masters fields). Julius meeting with Tom tomorrow.
Relationship with NYC Parks appears to be in a good place at the moment. Continue to focus on improving communications with parks.
Bagel dates: to be determined. Waiting for weather to improve - May/June/July or June/July/August. Wild Stallions to assist with this on the team duty front.
Motos: had some complaints about the radios. Ordering new radios to replace our aging stock of inventory. Will mark the new radios with their purchase date so we can track the new radios and throw out the old radios.
To review feedback from Jeff Poulin regarding Grant’s Tomb and implement improvements for the rest of the Open Racing schedule accordingly.
Site visit coming up in April. Preliminary discussion of budgeting and sponsorship. Will remain the Zach Koop Memorial. Will start the marketing process shortly
Biggest risk is whether NYPD shows up on time race morning. Need to insure marshaling
Circling back with sponsor that had previously indicated interest and pursuing several additional potential sponsors.
Confirmed three SRAM cars, working with the moto Calvary. Schedule is finalized and registration is scheduled to open in two weeks.
Grants will be submitted to NYSBRA shortly.
Discussion of field structures to be used at the 2018 edition in the context of Jordan family priorities (goals: big prize pool, supporting juniors racing.
Randy corrected a minor issue with the admin dashboard - currently running ahead of last year’s membership numbers by ~10 members.
Race numbers have been delivered to tailwind and the roster update process has been automated accordingly so that Earl can hand out the appropriate numbers. A significant portion of the numbers were already distributed.
Tailwind requests: power trainer series at Tailwind and a post race coffee and breakfast at Tailwind. Possibly April 21st.
Now that number distribution has essentially ramped and the admin is in a stable place Randy is going to start working on planning additional member events: happy hours, etc.
Tara/Randy to discuss a system for collecting CRCA waivers - additional discussion to follow offline or at the next meeting.
Dave Jordan community ride is on the calendar - not currently permitted but will have a discussion on permitting vs. using club waiver.
Women’s Development Series is hosting some social and education events. Next one on Tuesday night at Tailwind with Women’s Woodstock Grand Prix.
Race Clinic coming up on April 7th. Tara to reach out to team duty individuals. Anne Marie Miller will be coaching with Tara (will cover the level 2 coaching).
Reminder that all category 4/5 riders need to do a skills sessions before they are able to compete in a CRCA Club race. Important to maintain safety standards and the rules apply to everyone
Level 2 coaching: not possible for Tara to get certified as a level 2 coach this year based on the limited schedule availability for certification.
Tara to request help with Squarespace
Had a full slate of 55 marshals at the 2nd club race albeit with 2 no show members and 1 walk on. Both people have been notified that they are suspended, only one response thus far.
Walk on policy clarified: once we hit the minimum number of marshals we are not accepting any walk ons. Important for members to show up for their assigned race date if we are going to avoid cannibalizing our marshal supply.
Continue to work on streamlining work morning workflow and the documentation around marshaling. Will also insure that documentation is in place for Open Races.
Discussion of closing out the Roka sponsorship arrangement. Jeff has the full details.
Women’s Development Series: finalizing the sponsorship agreement shortly. Discussing priorities for the sponsorship funds to insure it is allocated inline with sponsor priorities.
No major updates. Plan on circling up with the member who had interest in assisting with social media strategies next week.
These minutes are considered to be in draft form pending approval from the full CRCA Board at the next meeting.